Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen) detailed description
Lighter than the previous Generations.
Kindle Paperwhite (10gen) is the thinner and lighter than its predecessors which makes it easily portable. Now, instead of carrying around a heavy e-reader, you get to have a light e-reader that you can easily carry around with you without any effort.
Kindle Paperwhite (10gen) has been made waterproof to protect it from adverse weather conditions. So even when the weather looks gloomy, you don’t need to leave your Kindle Reader at home. You can take it with you in any weather condition and not have to worry about it being damaged.
Comes with Audible.
If you get tired of reading, Kindle Paperwhite (10gen) comes with Audible that lets you listen to your E-books instead of reading them. To listen to your e-books, simply connect Kindle Paperwhite (10gen) to your Bluetooth speaker or earphones and listen to your ebooks.
Easy to Use.
Kindle Paperwhite (10gen) is easy to use. It comes with settings like text adjustment that help improve your reading experience.
- Amazon’s 6” Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta and built-in light, 300ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale
- Size: 6.6” x 4.6” x 0.3” ( 167 x 116 x 8.18 mm)
- Weight: Wi-Fi: 6.4 oz (182 g) Wi-Fi + Free Cellular Connectivity: 6.8 oz (191 g)
- None; fully wireless and doesn’t require a computer to download content
- Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Battery Life: A single charge lasts up to six (6) weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 13. Battery life will vary based on light settings, wireless usage. Audible audiobook streaming over Bluetooth will reduce battery life.
- Charge Time: Fully charges in approximately 4 hours from a computer via USB cable or fully charges in less than 3 hours with a 5W USB power adapter.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Accessibility Features: VoiceView screen reader, available over Bluetooth audio, provides spoken feedback allowing you to navigate your device and read books with text-to-speech (available in English only). Kindle Paperwhite also includes the ability to invert Black and White, adjust font size, font face, line spacing and margins.
- Content Formats Supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PMP through conversion; Audible audio format (AAX).